Artist-in-Residence program (AIR) of the Schafhof – European Center for Art Upper Bavaria and KAIR Košice Artist in Residence invite visual artists from Slovakia to take part in the two-month residency in Freising, Germany.
The Open Call for the residency in Schafhof – European Center for Art Upper Bavaria is open for visual artists from all fields.
Only individuals will be eligible to apply for the residency.
Application deadline PROLONGED: 24th of September 2021
Date of results: 27th of September 2021
The Artist-in-Residence program (AIR) of the Schafhof – European Center for Art Upper Bavaria is open to artists from across Europe. The values of a borderless, open, and free continent, a Europe of regions, are reflected in the program’s purpose and meaning. As a European art centre offers a platform for lively exchange and a network of ideas. All fields of contemporary visual art are represented. Forming the main themes are the two poles of technology and nature as central pillars of a modern and sustainable community, which is fostered by the setting and facilities of the art centre. The location in the midst of nature and the exceptional architecture create an atmosphere in which artists can concentrate on their work, while they can also integrate into the rich art scene of Munich and Upper Bavaria.
For more information: https://www.schafhofkuenstlerhaus.de/media/custom/2615_827_2.PDF?1547029251
K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence is an international Artist-in-Residence program for artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions. K.A.I.R. is strongly focused on the creation of international cooperation between the Slovak and foreign artists and art organizations. Since 2011, artists have had the possibility to work in the inspiring environment of Košice’s singular cultural surroundings to realize art projects, collaborate with the agile local art scene, and present themselves to the local and national public. K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence also provides opportunities to Slovak artists to travel for residencies within the cooperation with the project partners.
What AIR program at the Schafhof – European Center for Art Upper Bavaria provides to the artist from Slovakia:
- Two-month residency in Freising, Germany: October – November 2021*
- Free workspace and accommodation months in a separate studio apartment at Schafhof – European Centre for Art Upper Bavaria
- Honorarium 800 € / monthly (the amount includes the material costs)
- Travel costs (one-time return, most favourable connection, after agreement)
- Participation in an exhibition at the European Centre for Art Upper Bavaria – Schafhof in Freising in the year following the residence
Expectations from an artist:
- Participation in a public presentation with the other artists-in-residence (max. 3 in one time) once a month: short presentation of previous artistic work and artist talk in a cozy atmosphere in the library (INPUT series)
- Attendance to meet guests, visitors and professionals after an appointment
- Optional, but welcome: Participation in the joint exhibition of all artists of the exchange programs (Foreign and German) at the gallery spaces of the European Centre for Art Upper Bavaria – Schafhof in the year following their stay
- Entry in our guest book
The application should consist of three PDFs in English.
- portfolio with selected works (max. 10 pages)
- motivation letter: please describe your motivation to take part in the residency and the ideas or topics you would like to work with during the residency (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae with basic information (Name, Address, Email, Website)
If you have any questions about the open call or residency, please contact Petra Housková: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: The date of the residency can be postponed to 2022 in case of border closures and other security measures related to COVID-19.