K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in residence and Hayy Open Space invite visual artists from Izmir, Turkey to take part in the two-months residency in Košice, Slovakia.
Application deadline: May 10th, 2019
Date of results: May 27th, 2019
K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence is an international Artist-in-Residence programme for artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions. K.A.I.R. is strongly focused on the creation of international cooperations between the Slovak and foreign artists and art organizations. Since 2011, artists have the possibility to work in the inspiring environment of Kosice`s singular cultural surrounding to realize art projects, collaborate with the agile local art scene and present themselves to the local and national public. K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence also provides opportunities to Slovak artists to travel for residencies within the cooperation with the project partners.
For the residency in Košice, we are searching for a visual artist from Izmir, Turkey, who would like to work on the site-specific project reflecting the environment of the city. The artist should be open to collaboration with local artists. Only individuals are eligible to apply for the residency.
What KAIR provides to the artist from İzmir, Turkey:
– Two months residency in Kosice, Eastern Slovakia: September – October 2019
– Free accommodation and studio
– Honorarium 1200€
– Travel costs maximum 300€
– Production and PR support
What we expect from an artist:
– Participation during the Open Studios Night to introduce himself/herself to the local audience.
– One individual presentation or workshop during the residency.
– Final presentation/exhibition at the end of the residency.
– Compulsory attendance
The application should consist of three PDF in English:
1. Portfolio with selected works (max. 10 pages)
2. Motivation letter: please describe your motivation to take part in the residency and the ideas or topics you would like to work with during the residency (max. 1 page)
3. Curriculum Vitae with basic information (Name, Address, Email, Website).
To apply, please send the three documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Güzelyurt Mahallesi 920/1 Sokak No.30 Kemeraltı-Konak- IZMIR
Phone: +90 537 797 7525
The residency is supported using public funding by Slovak Arts Council.