January 31st, 2020
Results: February 17th, 2020
Only individuals are eligible to apply for the residency.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE BIOGRAPHY, PORTFOLIO AND MOTIVATION LETTER HERE.
AIR Wro is a long-term and interdisciplinary artist-in-residence program run by Culture Zone Wrocław, established under the auspices of the European Capital of Culture Wroclaw 2016. Based on a collaboration of local and foreign partners it aims to create an international platform that will enable artists, curators, animators, managers, organizations, and institutions to cooperate and exchange their experiences, practices, ideas, and knowledge. In addition, Culture Zone Wrocław intends to promote artists, support their development and mobility as well as to give them an opportunity to work and create beyond borders. AIR Wro invites artists who represent different disciplines of art, both emerging and experienced ones, interested in collaboration with representatives of the local art scene, open to get to know the capital of the Lower Silesia Region with its inhabitants, contributing creative connection between Wroclaw and cities that they come from.
K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence is an international Artist-in-Residence program for artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions. K.A.I.R. is strongly focused on the creation of international cooperations between the Slovak and foreign artists and art organizations. Since 2011, artists have the possibility to work in the inspiring environment of Kosice`s singular cultural surroundings to realize art projects, collaborate with the agile local art scene and present themselves to the local and national public. K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence also provides opportunities to Slovak artists to travel for residencies within the cooperation with the project partners.
For the residency in Wroclaw, Poland we are searching for a visual or interdisciplinary artist from Slovakia, who feels the responsibility for culture and art to react to global issues. The artist is invited to deal with a topic of climate change, the interaction between culture and nature, public fear caused by changed and artistic responses to it.
What AIR Wro provide during the residency:
- four weeks residency in Wroclaw, Poland: 2nd March ―29th March 2020
- travel expenses up to 200 EUR /land transport
- free accommodation in the apartment (fully furnished with kitchen)
- honorarium in the amount of 20 EUR /per diem
- production and PR support
What do we demand?
- One presentation/open meeting during the residency.
- Compulsory attendance.
- Presentation/public event dedicated to the residency after the return to Kosice.
The application should consist of three PDF:
- portfolio with selected works (max. 10 pages)
- motivation letter: please describe your motivation to take part in the residency and the ideas or topics you would like to work with during the residency (max. 1 page)
- a short biography with basic information (Name, Address, Email, Website).
All materials must be submitted in the English language.
If you have any questions about the open call or residency, please contact Petra Housková: firstname.lastname@example.org