The ‘Novi Sad 2021’ Foundation, within the Plants AiR residential programme for artists and cultural workers, and in cooperation with the KAIR organization from Košice, Slovakia, with the support of Slovak Arts Council, launches an OPEN CALL for selection of visual artist who will be sent to artistic residential programme in Košice (Slovakia).
Potential candidates should be open to work with local artists and communities and willing to work on the in-situ project that will be the result of their residence.
The following is covered for the selected resident:
- travel costs (in the amount of EUR 200 in RSD),
- daily costs/per diem (in the amount of EUR 1000 in RSD), and
- costs of the material used during the residence (in the amount of EUR 500).
The residence will last approximately two months in the period from 6 May until 1 July 2019. Obligations of the resident during the residence, as well as the detailed elaboration of the idea suggested by the potential candidate, will be agreed in cooperation with the host organization.
The candidates should meet the following criteria:
- they are of legal age and are nationals of the Republic of Serbia;
- they have a permanent or temporary residence on the territory of the Republic of Serbia (artist with permanent or temporary residence on the territory of the City of Novi Sad and partner municipalities in the ‘Novi Sad 2021’ project (Irig, Beočin and Sremski Karlovci) have priority);
- they are actively pursuing visual art;
- they speak English fluently;
- they have not been previously selected for the residential programmes organized by the Foundation or mobility programmes (calls for programmes: Plants AiR, Kizuna, Mobility etc.).
All interested candidates should send the following documents:
- CV in English, which mustn’t be longer than 4 pages (listing professional experience in artwork, the most important exhibitions, collaborations, previous residences in similar programmes etc.);
- accompanying letter in English between 150-250 words (in which he/she suggests the idea for the project that will be implemented during the residential programme in Košice);
- portfolio of 3-5 selected works collected in one PFD file with size no larger than 5 MB;
- copy of the ID card in order to prove the place of residence.
It is necessary to send the above-mentioned documents to the following e-mail: email@example.com marked as ‘Residential Programme Košice 2019’ no later than 31 March 2019 at midnight.
Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- previous artwork in the field of visual art (biography);
- project/idea proposal (motivational letter);
For additional questions related to the call, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the Decision of the Managing Board on participation in the open call here.