K.A.I.R. – Košice Artist in Residence, in collaboration with Halle 14 invites visual artistsfrom Slovakia, who are open to collaborate with local artists, to apply for two months stay in Leipzig, Germany.
Application deadline: April 20th 2015 / 6pm
As an independent art centre, HALLE 14 is a place for the presentation of contemporary art as well as a space for reflection and communication. As a non-profit organization, HALLE 14 serves the public interest in its artistic commitment. This goal is accomplished through projects such as exhibitions, an art library, the art education programme Kreative Spinner, the international fellowship programme Studio14 and the Lounge14 series of talks and discussions.
The five-storey industrial building HALLE 14, with a total of 20,000 m², is located at the site of the former Leipziger Baumwollspinnerei (Leipzig Cotton Spinning Mill). Since the beginning of the 1990s, artists, gallerists and others involved in creative work have built a productive and lively community at this location, providing an inspiring environment for HALLE 14.
What we provide
- Two months residency in Lepzig, Germany (1 September – 31 October 2015).
- Studio in art centre Halle14.
- Grant 1300€.
- Travel costs refund up to 300€.
- Residency hosting, production and PR support.
Who are we looking for?
- We are searching for visual artists from Slovakia, who are open to collaborate with local artists.
- Artist should be able to know English or German on at least working level.
- At least one presentation during the residency and one presenation after the residency in Košice.
- Compulsory attendance.
- PDF n°1: Curriculum Vitae – Please send a short CV including your name, address, phone, email along with educational and exhibition background.
- PDF n°2: Letter of motivation and objectives – Briefly describe your motivation to come to Leipzig and the first ideas of projects you would like to realize.
- PDF n°2: Portfolio with artist`s statement.
To apply please fill the APPLICATION FORM.
Deadline: 20th of April 2015, 6:00 PM
Contact for sending organization K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence Project manager: Zuzana Kotiková – email@example.com +421915078489