Open Call for New media artist with community-based practice for AiR programme in Novi Sad, Serbia
‘Plants AiR’ programme of the ‘Novi Sad 2021’ Foundation, in cooperation with the K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence, launches a call for artists from Slovakia working in the field of the new media art (including digital art, moving image, installation, photography, computer graphics, computer animation, virtual art, Internet art, interactive art etc.).
Deadline: May 14th, 2018
‘Novi Sad 2021 – European Capital of Culture’ is seeking artists interested in working on a project involving local community with an emphasis on Cultural Stations that are part of Novi Sad ECoC strategy. For a selected candidate, the programme provides a 2-month-long residency in Novi Sad, starting in October 2018. The following is covered during the residence:
- travel expenses up to 250 EUR
- accommodation in the flat in the centre of Novi Sad
- per diem in the amount of 1000 EUR
- costs for materials up to 1000 EUR
Cultural Stations project encompasses the modification of the existing and construction of new facilities and locations according to the objectives and needs of the Novi Sad 2021 project. Based on previous analysis of the project, the availability of facilities and planning documentation, analysis of land in property of the city, cultural stations are planned at the following locations:
- Almaš neighbourhood (part of the wider center, traditional and authentic part of the city);
- Slana bara/ Klisa (northern periphery of Novi Sad).
- Youth center in the Chinese Quarter (industrial heritage/ former factory in Liman district).
- Novo Naselje (residential part on the western periphery).
- Sremski Karlovci (cultural station within the Zone 021).
Artists are expected to work on a project based on interaction with the local community, exploring the ways in which Cultural Stations can become a vital part of the city’s dynamics through artistic interventions. The result of the residency is open to artist’s own vision of Novi Sad. Possible results could be (but are not limited to):
- Series of public events (i.e. exhibitions) or other forms of presentation of the AiR research
- Public discussions, talks, panels
- Publications, pamphlets, printed material
- Happenings (walks/ tours, happenings, workshops)
- Short biography
- Portfolio containing 3-5 works/projects in a single PDF file (portfolio should not exceed 5 MB)
- Motivation letter (up to 350 words) explaining your motivation for applying for this residency programme and proposing the project during the residence
- Readiness to work with the local community
- Good command of English language
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE BIOGRAPHY, PORTFOLIO AND MOTIVATION LETTER IN THE ONLINE FORM.
Deadline: May 14th, 2018
The result will be announced by the May 28th, 2018 to all of the applicants from KAIR.
Contact to K.A.I.R. Management:
Zuzana Kotiková firstname.lastname@example.org / +421915078489