K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence and NAZAR VOITOVYCH ART RESIDENCE invite visual artists from Slovakia who are working with graphics, ceramics, paintings, photos and videos, to take part in the five-week residency in Ukraine. We are searching for the artists who investigate the genius loci in their practice and are open to involving the local community in the project.
The residency consists of two parts. The first part is focused on creation and research during four weeks in Travneve from September 3rd until October 1st, 2018. Second is one week stay in Kiev from October 1st until October 8th, 2018 for the presentation of the residency results and networking with local artists.
Application deadline: June 4th, 2018
Date of results: June 18th, 2018
The residency is open to individuals but also for artist duos.
The NAZAR VOITOVYCH ART RESIDENCE is an educational and artistic centre with workshops, recreation rooms and exhibition hall in the small village of Travneve, of Zbarazh district, Ternopil region. NVAiR opened in 2017 with the aim to support the artistic creation and the development of local community. The program was founded in honour of Nazar Voitovich, the youngest hero of the Heavenly Hundred, who was born and raised in the village, studied design at college, planned to study at the Academy of Arts.
The residency space works as an open art studio with:
- ceramic studio with an oven with a camera 450х400х400, a mechanical potter’s circle, two workstations (table + chair);
- graphic studio with a press for manual printing with a width of 400 mm plate, two workstations (table + chair)
- multi-studio with a screen and a projector, easels (10 pcs), a recreation area with a library;
The artistic residence acts in the interests of young talented Ukrainian artists (providing scholarships for the living and creating works of art) and in the interests of the local community (communication with foreign artists, curriculum and the place of the active cell formation). Along with it, the residency program has its priorities in the introduction of innovative, ecological and economic technologies through culture, learning through practice and communication and the development of mobility of ideas and people. The organization provides support for the professional growth of young talented Ukrainian artists and communication with the world art market.
What we provide to the artist:
- Four weeks residency in Travneve, Ukraine: 3rd September – 1st October 2018
- One week in Kiev, Ukraine: 1st October – 8th October 2018
- Free accommodation
- Access to open art studio with equipment
- Honorarium 700€ per person
- Travel costs 300€ per person
- Production and PR support
What we expect from an artist
- To introduce himself/herself to the local audience.
- One individual presentation or workshop during the residency.
- One or more (if desired) donate an art object, canvas, print or imprint to the Residency Foundation
- Final presentation/exhibition at the end of the residency.
- Compulsory attendance
The application should consist of three PDF
- portfolio with selected works (max. 10 pages)
- motivation letter: please describe your motivation to take part in the residency and the ideas or topics you would like to work with during the residency (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae with basic information (Name, Address, Email, Website).
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE CV, PORTFOLIO AND MOTIVATION LETTER IN THE ONLINE FORM.
Application deadline: June 4th, 2018
Results: June 18th, 2018
If you have any questions about the open call or residency, please contact Zuzana Kotiková:
+421 915 078 489
The project is supported using public funding by Slovak Arts Council, City of Košice and Creative Industry Košice.